Star Blaster Star Blaster

Solar Jetman meets new controls!

Great game! You were obviously inspired by some great NES titles...where did you get the score (I love the music).

I noticed that you didn't cap the firing rate for the ship's gun. I found a pretty simple way of doing this for a shooter I was working on a while back (never submitted to NG) that sets a flag equal to 1 when a shot is fired and uses getTimer() to determine if another shot can be taken. The firing rate (and thus the length of time that gets logically compared to the getTimer() number) varied with each weapon, and it was pretty simple. I don't know if you would want to implement something like that, but as your game stands now you can rapidly press the mouse button to achieve a much higher firing rate than the "button held down" rate, which tires the old fingers...

Overall awesome effort. I look forward to flash content from you in the future!

Space Shooter 2 (API) Space Shooter 2 (API)

Good start, but I have a few suggestions -->

I think you have a alpha/beta version of what could be a great take on a classic theme. There are a few action items that I think require attention:

1) The player's shot passes through objects and obliterates everything in its path.
2) I could not activate the 'power' shot, although that would be a nice touch to the ship's arsenal (secondary firepower)
3) All enemy ships and asteroids appear immediately for each round as one horizontal wave, firing once and then passively floating by.
4) Sound would be nice, but only after the above fixes are made.

I think you have some talent and I look forward to seeing more submissions from you!