Clockspionage Clockspionage

Funny, well animated, lacks continuity

I am usually a clock/lock/all that bullshit hater because it seems to limit the scope and creativity of submissions on the portal. However, I think this toon was hilarious. Well animated, good sound, etc.

A few things, though:

It seemed like Strawberry and Banana were breaking into a lock compound at first, but then they started killing clock guys. Their victims went back and forth several times between lock and clock, including the end when Kiwi was walking among the dead bodies...they had switched from locks to clocks! I guess the lack of continuity really stood out to me as an avenue for improvement.

koolkiwi responds:

oh my god! how did i miss that!?
i've must have tested the movie 100 times and i never noticed!
i'll fix it now!
(i'll vote yes on helpfull review for this!)
thanks much!
-kiwi

I Love You I Love You

Monthiversary?

Good flash!!!

One thing--if you have been together for three months, then this would be your 0.25 anniversary. In other words, your first anniversary would occur when you have been together for one year, etc.

One might say that you are celebrating your third "monthiversary" of sorts. The 'anni' is Latin 'annus' for year.

I'm sure you love her very much. Impress her by taking her out to celebrate your 100th day together (coming up soon!). Just don't call that your 100th anniversary and you'll be fine.

The Tsunami The Tsunami

Disaster stoke???

OK, I am completely for the Tsunami aid effort and believe not enough is being done to help our brothers and sisters on the other side of the pond. However, bringing nothing to the table with slapped-together pictures and such does not advance the state of flash art, nor does it bring a dime to anyone anywhere.

Why not pointing your efforts towards Washington to move our troops out of Iraq and over to Indonesia? How about lobbying for a small fraction of our war budget to be partitioned to the effort in the form of goods and promoting trade in a rebuilt infrastructure?

I just think that this could have been done better and even if it was the time to improve it could be spent better in other ways.

Star Blaster Star Blaster

Solar Jetman meets new controls!

Great game! You were obviously inspired by some great NES titles...where did you get the score (I love the music).

I noticed that you didn't cap the firing rate for the ship's gun. I found a pretty simple way of doing this for a shooter I was working on a while back (never submitted to NG) that sets a flag equal to 1 when a shot is fired and uses getTimer() to determine if another shot can be taken. The firing rate (and thus the length of time that gets logically compared to the getTimer() number) varied with each weapon, and it was pretty simple. I don't know if you would want to implement something like that, but as your game stands now you can rapidly press the mouse button to achieve a much higher firing rate than the "button held down" rate, which tires the old fingers...

Overall awesome effort. I look forward to flash content from you in the future!

Space Shooter 2 (API) Space Shooter 2 (API)

Good start, but I have a few suggestions -->

I think you have a alpha/beta version of what could be a great take on a classic theme. There are a few action items that I think require attention:

1) The player's shot passes through objects and obliterates everything in its path.
2) I could not activate the 'power' shot, although that would be a nice touch to the ship's arsenal (secondary firepower)
3) All enemy ships and asteroids appear immediately for each round as one horizontal wave, firing once and then passively floating by.
4) Sound would be nice, but only after the above fixes are made.

I think you have some talent and I look forward to seeing more submissions from you!